Sunday, December 5, 2010

Details Magazine



Details is an American monthly men's magazine published by Condé Nast Publications, founded in 1982. Though primarily a magazine devoted to fashion and lifestyle, Details also features reports on relevant social and political issues.

I was introduced to Details when I was in high school. My parents always get free magazines in the mail since they used to own a salon and one day the magazine was just there with the rest of the mail. Then, I couldn't really appreciate the minimal and clean aesthetic that Details possessed but after I wanted to study Graphic Design, I began to become inspired by the visuals of the spreads and pictorials I saw in the publication. Not only was I inspired as a designer but I was also inspired sartorially as well, as the magazine gives great style tips that I've used to help improve my fashion.

To this day, I still follow Details and receive a great deal of inspiration from the magazine, especially for the Editorial Design class.

Details.com

No comments:

Post a Comment